1.2kg napa cabbage
1/4 kosher salt (I use mineral salt)
1/4 cup minced garlic
1/4 cup carrot (cut strip)
300g white radish (cut strip)
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup fish sauce
1/3 cup hot pepper powder (I don't have a 1/3 cup so I use 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp)
1. Add 1 cup of water and 1/4 cup mineral salt. Put in cabbage and mix well with your hands. Set aside for 1 1/2 hours. Every 30 minutes turn the cabbage evenly.
2. Make kimchi paste by mixing Ingredients B in a bowl.
3. Rinse the cabbage with cold water 2-3 times to clean it thoroughly. Drain and set aside.
4. Mix the kimchi paste and cabbage alternately to mix evenly.
5. Put the kimchi into a air-tight container. You may keep it into a jar or plastic bag too. Press the kimchi down to prevent your kimchi from being exposed to too much air.
-Recipe adapted from maangchi