Hong Kong Flour 300g
Instant yeast 5g (1t + 1/2t)
Baking powder 5g (1t)
1. Combine the dough ingredients, knead dough till smooth.
2. Roll dough into long strip, divide into 25g each, roll out to a flat sheet, thick at middle and thin at sides.
3. Wrap in 20g filling and seal it well. (I fill red bean paste)
4. Use both hands to shape it higher, make it's head a little sharp, into cone shape.
5. Then use scissors to shape it's ears and tail.
6. Lastly use a wet tooth-pick, stick black sesame seeds onto the bun. When water boils, steam over high heat for 5 minutes.
1. Halve the hotdog.
2. Roll dough into long strip, divide into 22g each, roll out to a long strip and roll over the hotdog.
- Recipe adapted from Chinese Buns page 47.- 8 x 25g bunny buns
- 14 x 22g hotdog buns.
I rise inside the steamer for 15 minutes before I steam.